Im 32, BA in Elementary Education, minor in music. Parttime NYC school teacher. PLaying piano since age 5. Produced for some hop hop celebrities in the early 2000’s.
I live with parents and dont have much money , obviously. lol
Now i want to open up a music school and teach kids piano . I want to teach kids music productions. Have a nice studio in the garagee to teach piano and more. I was thinking of teaching Handicapped and retarded students also. IF i do get married and have kids one day in the future i would like to put the studio in a garage and live next door. I would put a shingle sign on the lawn, just a small one saying ” Music conservatory”.
My questions are.
1. Do you think i can support my wife and kids doing this if i do have them in the future.
2. Would this be good even thought the economy is bad and people are loosing jobs. Will they have money for lessons. I though because most public schools are shutting down music programs so there WOULD be a need for piano lessons more now then ever and they would come to me.
3. How much should i charge. And how long should the lesson be.
4. Why is my female friend telling me that this is a bad idea and making fun of me that i am a dreamer and this is not a real job and i will be broke.
5 .Should i get a Masters degree in music? what field of music? Seems like you cant do that much with it lol no offense
PLease share your knowledge and answer all and give me all the advise possible
—–OH AND HERES MY MUSIC RESUME TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ALSO ABOUT MY BACKGROUND IF IT WOULD WORK FOR ME–THANKS
Brooklyn College: B.A in Education and Minor in Music
NYS Teachers License (pending)
NYC Public School Substitute Teacher 2000 -2003
-taught students in the following subjects: Math, English, Reading, and Music ,grades Pk- 8.
Math and Reading Teacher, High School 2003-2005
-taught GED algebra and geometry to high school students
-taught students English, vocabulary, and phonics skills
Music Writer/In House Producer for ***** Productions 1998-2003
-recorded, produced and performed with legendary music celebrities such as ——-
-composed, produced, and arranged music on various piano projects
SKILLS: (MUSIC BIOGRAPHY)
Ability to read and write music notation and theory
Engineer, mix , and sequence on most recording gear
Wrote and published many articles for KORG synthesizer corporation
Able to use current computer music software for MIDI recording
Can repair, troubleshoot, and diagnose most keyboards
Released an album in Tower Records
Recorded several tracks with the British pop girl band ——–
Produced records and played for ——
A member of the Internet Movie Data Base http://www.imdb.com
- Wouls it be practical to double major in Computer Science and Music Recording/Technology? confused asked: I know these fields are very unrelated, but...
- If I’m a music major, can I claim my private music lessons as an education expense when I file my taxes? Stephanie W asked: I’m going to school for music education...
- Which Universities have the best teacher education program? Jessi asked: I’m planning transfering to a university after I...
- What degree in music education do you need to become a high school band director? Tommy D asked: I was wondering if you need at...
- Which university has a better music program, SDSU or UCSD? I’m trying to figure out where to transfer to. ? Calixica asked: I’m transfering from Palomar College and I want...
Filed Under Small Business |